Monday, June 9, 2014

I'm back. Let's celebrate!


Hello fellow interwebbers. It's been brought to my attention that the Junk Shop Juke Box has been off the air for a solid two months! I knew it had been a while, but i didn't realize it was that long. I'll spare you all the details of why exactly. Without getting overly personal on the internets, a couple things factored into my absence. About two months ago i purchased a brand new computer, therefore didn't have any music files in the new one. I've been working a lot. And on the days that i do have off, i'm just plain lazy and/or drunk. Long story short- I felt like blowing it off and taking a vacation, so I did that. Now i'm back.

Today i had the day off, and the opportunity to sit around the house with no distractions. I finally got around to backing up my old laptop to the external hard-drive, and transferring some music files into the new computer. It's a tedious boring task, and that's why i've been putting it off...

Since i've been away so long, i decided to compile a short playlist for your listening enjoyment.
Nine old Honky-Tonk drinking songs and a few old beer commercials of the same vintage. All the songs are from my personal collection. Some of the commercials are and some aren't. Some of these songs have been featured here in the past, but some haven't.

 
Crack a cold one and enjoy!


Here's the playlist:

I’m gonna tie one on tonight - Wilburn brothers
Schlitz malt liquor commercial
An hour and a six pack away - Cal Smith
Here i am drunk again - Moe Bandy
Busch beer commercial
I come home a drinking - Jack Webb
Beers and tears - Carl Butler & Pearl
Redneck county spot
I gotta get drunk - Durwood Haddock
Drinking and thinking - Gene Shannondoah
Miller beer commercial
On tap in the can or in the bottle - Hank Thompson
Heileman’s Old Style beer song/commercial


get it
.

.

4 comments:

jj said...

Yeah! You're back! Amid general rejoicing. Hope you had a good lay-off, and not too hung-over. You know there's only one sure-fire cure for the hangover? Back to the bar Batman! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

Mike in SoFL said...

Welcome back. Taking a break is a good thing to do.

Timmy said...

Great post. I'm gonna go have a cold one, myself!

Related Posts with Thumbnails