Monday, July 29, 2013

Mystery record


This has got to be the weirdest fucking record i've ever found. Home recorded, with a plain white label and no manufacturers identification what so ever. It's a 6" cardboard record, recorded on one side at 78 rpm.

I've listened to it over and over, trying to figure out what the hell is going on here. I think it was an open air recording (where the person held the microphone next to the speaker) of the television. It's so odd sounding, you can tell that it's women talking and laughing but the actual dialog is lost in the distortion. The only words i'm able to pick out is the phrase "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

The person who recorded it probably just tossed it aside and never listened to it again because it the recording is so, well... Just listen and hear for yourself.



get it
.

.


4 comments:

Timmy said...

After that "Cross The Road" joke (Which sounds like, to me, she asks: "Why did the cookie cross the road") I can make out the question: "Who's that queer standing over there?"... And, after thinking about all this, it may just be pre-pubescent boys making stupid jokes.

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I think I'm going to have nightmares now

BigDog Dave said...

Yeah,I agree...
Weirdest Fucking Thing I Ever Heard!

Kinda reminds me of an acid trip in college.

Rockin' Jeff said...

GAH! If acid could be recorded, a regular ass conversation might sound something like this...

And: "Who's that queer standing over there?," I can hear that now too... Maybe it is just kids fucking around. I just wish i knew WHEN. The record has NO identifying marks at all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails