Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Groovin


I like themes. I was thinking about doing nothing but 'Hit Records' for the month of March. I have  a handful already recorded, and 25-30 others that haven't been recorded yet. I also have some other 60's sound-alike stuff on labels like "Giant" "Song Hits" and "Hit Parader."

Some will skip, some will be too noisy (even by my low-ass standards) and some of the renditions will just plain suck. I'll still have more than enough sides to get through an entire month... I'll save the cream of the crop for the Junk Shop crowd.

Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts?

Anyway, dig the Jalopy Five and their hurried take on the Young Rascals classic, 'Groovin.'
Enjoy!



Here's a LINK for a little more information on the Hit Records label.



get it
.

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I collected Hit 45's for awhile. I cleaned up a bunch of my favorites and burned CD's for a handful of my friends. Be happy to share that with you if you'd like to post them here. alqmail@yahoo.com

Mellow said...

Good idea!

Rockin' Jeff said...

Thanks for the offer Anonymous, but i only post stuff that i actually personally own in a physical form.

Bet you got a lotta cool stuff i've never heard too...

Related Posts with Thumbnails