Monday, March 5, 2012

My House


This record is so bad. Good bad. Or bad in a good way. Whatever. I don't necessarily seek out these song poem records, but i do grab them when i randomly find them. I just picked this one up a few weeks ago, and finally got around to actually listening to it.

Whenever i find small label records with local street addresses i do a google map search out of curiosity. My roommate recently picked up an original Buckinghams LP, and it has a Chicago address for what would have been their fan club at the time, and it's right here in our neighborhood only about a mile from where we live. And- it's just some random ass house...

The address for this one is on Lake Shore Drive, and it looks to be a high-rise lake front apartment building. Probably some pretty swank digs. Must have been where the songwriter lived at the time. Coincidentally, there's a place (possibly the name of one of the apartment buildings there) called "The Hallmark" right there too. No relation, because i found this site which tells us that the Halmark label (with one 'L') was, and still is, out of Quincy, Ma.

I didn't search the other addresses because i don't live in Wisconsin, Virginia, or Washington....

I might be biased because this song is local to me, but of the four selections on this EP, this one kind of blew my mind. Wow. But you can be the judge of that because if you really want them, you can get all four tracks HERE.


Enjoy!



donations accepted

.

.

4 comments:

ana-b said...

Jeff, you need to perform an exorcism on this record right away.....either that or RETURN IT TO HELL.

Think of the children.

Rockin' Jeff said...

I KNOW right?!
And to think- this tune was the best one of the four...

Ten cents well spent if you ask me.

Holly said...

ana, Jeff, ...I... I...I like this - does that make me a bad person?

Rockin' Jeff said...

It does Holly. Yes, it does.

Related Posts with Thumbnails