Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sloppy Madison


I found this little tidbit of information out there on the ole information superhighway:
Back in the 50s-60s every city had their popular radio dee-jays, and Baltimore was no exception. Jack Gale was one of the finest and zaniest. Here is one of his masterpieces, a take-off of The Madison which was a hit dance craze on Baltimore's Buddy Deane Show in 1960. Several decades later The Madison was featured in the hit John Waters film "Hairspray".

Here's the OTHER SIDE, which is the same track with different words (and the better of the two if you ask me)

Enjoy!



hit it

.

.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Y'know, I had *just* gotten hit it! crazy! out of my head.

You sir, are evil :-)

Rockin' Jeff said...

I aim to please

KL from NYC said...

This is a scream.

This version would have been much more appropriate for a John Waters movie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails